Sunday, May 9, 2010

my first mother's day!

there they are: Jo's boys. Both of them are the reasons I'm a mama!
I couldn't be happier with my boys...



love! love! love! so much I could burst sometimes!
(instead I cry: out of joy and longing to keep everything in his life perfect, knowing that he'll grow up someday, enjoying every moment today...)

I am very excited to be celebrating my first mother's day, which I sort of eeked in the back door of this year. I feel like I haven't worked nearly as hard as most moms on this day, I mean... I've only been a mom for 3 and half weeks! But really I was a mama long before that, as my months of pregnancy count for something. This day I appreciate so much more all the pain and tears that goes into motherhood, and all the joys and fears. So thanks to both my mothers... my mom and my mother-in-law. I understand more now than I did before.

There's also that basic primal sense of accomplishment: I have given birth! I am forever changed and more aware.

Anyway, I am also enjoying James today. We took a nap together. Ron has been treating me like a queen, scurrying around for me and he even surprised me by wearing a nice shirt and tie! He's so cute :) Off to enjoy the evening with my wonderful husband, who I can never say enough good things about... Thank you Jesus for my family...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little James is growing soo much!
He is adorable!
love,
Aunt MaryGrace