Saturday, September 18, 2010

our Saturday.

well, we have lived here for a couple weeks now.

still not unpacked. getting there. I thought briefly of the Incredibles, when she unpacks the last box three years later, says it's official now, and laughs *hahaha*. I realize that moving around the country every year or two or three from now on, I do not have that kind of time :)

Some big boxes that are in the way right now of everything are rummage boxes. I don't know where we found all this junk or why we still have it, but we are purging now. In a few short weeks, someone else can have my junk. I would gladly give it away, but if they want to pay me for it, all the better.

James :)

James rolled over last Sunday for the first time! He still gets his little arm stuck under him (back to tummy), but I still considered it a roll. He continues to try to conquer that final trick. He will try so hard, alternately shrieking frustration or sighing resignation. Sometimes he gets tired of trying for a bit and will plop his little head down for a small rest and thumb suck. So adorable.

I see that gleam in his eyes, like he's already ready to be exploring my bookshelves and cupboards. Only a little bit of time left before he will be able to, and then... what then? How will I get anything done during a day? I have the feeling he will be a good and thorough explorer, too :)

Ron is working this weekend again. Our weekend is coming up, though (Mon-Wed). Today I will probably be meeting a friend for lunch, trying to unpack something, and working our way through the library books for James.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Caden and I loved being with the two of you for lunch today!

Anonymous said...

I need to have a rummage sale. Or you need to come to my house and have a rummage sale! Or, I just have to let Dad haul all those boxes out of here one morning and quit thinking about what I should do with them! Love you much, Sweet-girl. Can't wait to see pics of your new home! I'm sure it's inviting. Mom

jsmarslender said...

Glad you're settling. If you've got internet up and running, let's set a skype date...