Saturday, December 27, 2008

new haircut, etc.



This is just me showing off my new hair cut. I have bangs again. They're supposed be side bangs, so I'll work on taming them. With the layers and the awkward slight wave my hair has, it might all look a bit untamed, but I like the thought that it's "free spirited". In the bottom picture I think I look like my mom :)

Ron and I are coming to terms with the fact that our Christmas vacation is almost over. I got him chess this year (which can also be checkers, and if you flip it over, chinese checkers!) and scrabble, so we've been playing games like mad lately. I love it. I'm a bit of a game freak, and would play games all the time if I had my druthers. Eventually the husband tires of games and thinks of doing other things like eating or reading... Another reason I love visiting the Burchells :) Always a little kid to play with me!

Ron and I have been taking walks, and Ron decided he would start picking up cans. So we did that today and collected half a garbage bag. They litter like mad down here, and no one ever picks up our country roads. I'll be interested to see the small fortune of cans we will have by summertime. 

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and will have a good New Year's. To my family, it was wonderful seeing you on Skype, i felt like I was really there when the little Burchells opened their stockings :) I'm going to really enjoy being "in". 

Love to all, Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Cute haircut Jo" Love you lots!!!!!!!!!!! MaryGrace

jsmarslender said...

Haircut looks great. I think I might copy. You're right - you do look like Mom in the last photo. Sometimes I catch myself in the mirror and think: Wow, Mom. Fun, huh? Justin wants to offer all form of praise to Ron for picking up cans. We don't do that here. For a variety of reasons. Mostly because someone else feeds his family on what he can collect.

Love you much,
Sarah