Saturday, March 7, 2009

date night

Is happening right now, we just got back from the Red Lobster. Ah, yes. The memories. We had a lovely time out today with a few friends (or people that are becoming our friends) from Ron's work. We went bowling with them and then parted ways to spend quality time with each other and some coconut shrimp. It was all delicious, but even more delicious is this next bit of news. Ron would not want to brag on himself to everyone, but I have to say how proud I am of him. Some of the people that Ron works closely with at the site, some of the craft, have noticed how hard Ron has been working. He puts in some long hours and goes into work on Saturdays sometimes even when he doesn't have to. Oh, we work it out at home and still get time together :) But they gave us a gift card for the dinner tonight, they all pooled in for Ron because he does so much for them on the job. So, while dinner was great, it was really great knowing that Ron is doing all the right things around the site and that it is appreciated. We are blessed, and I am blessed with a hard working husband (who also know when to come home).

Back to date night, I think I'm about to destroy Ron in checkers. 

1 comment:

jsmarslender said...

Aww. Tell Ron we're proud of him. I almost fell over though - I thought you were going to announce a pregnancy at first. (Just so you know, anytime you mention "good news" or "surprise" or related phrases, I'll think you're pregnant.) Who won checkers?