Tuesday, September 15, 2009

h1n1

So, the swine flu is going around and everyone is freaking out about it. I am choosing to not freak out :) I am trying to not get sick, obviously thinking a little more about it these days due to the little one. There's those verses in the Bible that I like to think of:

"I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." ... A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you."
Psalms 91:2,7

Maybe that seems a bit dramatic, but I am claiming it for my life, and we are praying for health in our family. I think of other verses that I cannot quote right now about wars and rumors of wars (and plagues, etc.)... There's always something I could be freaking out about. Down here in Texas the swine flu is quite a big deal right now, and we both know people that have it. So I am learning to lean more on God for those things that I cannot control, and am learning to have peace about those things. Since I am a dramatic sort, it is interesting that lately I've been actually pretty calm about it. Of course I should always trust my Savior, God of the Universe. Doesn't that just make sense? :)

All this to really tell you a funny story. Today all of the people at Ron's work got called together for a mass safety meeting where the headlining objective was to tell people how to not catch the swine flu. Great idea to cram all 800 employees together in a tent and teach them about not spreading germs. It just seemed a wild and ironic contradiction to me :) 

No comments: