Thursday, November 19, 2009

decisions and musings

Well, I'm trying to decide if I will be continuing with ceramics next semester. Today is my last day at ceramics class to make new and possibly useless pots and trinkets. I have so enjoyed it, though, and feel like I just started to scratch the surface of my creativity and would like more time to learn and do more. However, since I'll be having a kid in April, I'm not sure if it would be entirely worth it. I think it might, though. What I would love someday is a wheel and a kiln at home. Ceramics is one of those artistic endeavors that requires a lot of effort and input and money just to get set up, and I know that after this class it won't happen at home for a while! So that's what I'm thinking about this morning.  

Also, I will report that the house is very very clean right now, as we have finished our bedroom painting project and we feel like we're staying in a new place :) My motto now is "maintenance"... How hard does that become when you start having kids? tehe. 

I am also feeling the baby kicking a lot more, it even kind of woke me up as I was drifting off to sleep last night :) It feels like a little secret message, and makes me happy to be his mom :)  

2 comments:

jsmarslender said...

I loved feeling Claire kick. I really missed that after she was born - maybe not the rib kicking, though. : )

Joanna Goodman said...

maybe he's just stretching and making himself at home, but I like to think it's a little message for me :) No one else can see it yet, but it's like he's telling me "hey! I'm in here, I'm doing great and I love you!"