Monday, May 19, 2008

country living

I have decided that I definitely like living in the country. There's much to be said for small town living, but less here, since there are no sidewalks in our part of Texas. Also, our little town is chopped up very strangely. 

I have found that I really enjoy walking. Just last Saturday, I dragged Ron on a two hour trek. We have easy access to some lovely and relatively quiet country roads. Also, there are enough houses so that I don't feel too isolated, and anyone that passes me is sure to wave. It's been enjoyable to spend my mornings and workouts this way. I do run a bit sometimes, and would probably be proud to call myself a true runner, but I'm not sure that I am. For now, I'm enjoying the scenery.

This past weekend was pretty close to perfect. The weather was great. Ron was home from his trip up to Kansas City, and we never strayed far from each other. It was a weekend of sleeping in, being outside, and eating at cozy cafes. A particularly cozy cafe we tried I would love to take Mom and the girls to when they visit. It's the perfect place to have afternoon tea, nestled in the quaint downtown of Lorena, which I just discovered. It's one of those tiny downtowns that tries a little too hard to be quaint, but they got me. 

Also, I killed a wasp today that startled me out of the shower. Sorry if that was too much information, but it was a little inconvenient for me, too! And we are still trying to catch a very elusive mouse. We think, after all we have tried, that it is either really smart or really dumb. I actually am leaning toward smart. Dumb would jump on the peanut butter. 

Love to all :)
Jo 

1 comment:

James Burchell said...

can you permit "anonymous" comments ?
then i don't have to logon to google
to post to you...
but, i'm reading. it's good.
love, dad