Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We had a nice Memorial Day weekend. Pretty much we did nothing but play gin, watch a couple movies together, and take long walks in the country (we have grown especially fond of this). We went back to a church, and will probably continue to check it out for a couple more weeks before deciding if it's right for us. 

One of Ron's work buddies invited us to a get together Monday night. It was small... seven people and I was the only girl. And the only non-kiewit employee. I don't want to knock it for what it was, a nice little get together. But I am really looking forward to meeting married couples about our age, with or without kids, that obviously don't live the life of a bachelor. I want people that I can swap recipes with, play board games with, and discuss things other than where the really great pubs are in Ireland. I miss our married friends from Kansas. I miss friends in general. I can be very isolated and be fine with it most of the time, but I'm looking forward to getting really plugged into a church and getting to know people. I don't mind meeting a friend outside of church, either, it just doesn't seem too likely at the moment. 

It'll be nice to come home for a week. But then I will miss Ron!

No comments: