Monday, May 5, 2008

well, I've done it.

I've finally decided to join the ranks of bloggers. I sit in my Texas farmhouse, ready to tell you all about it and the life I lead. I'm not sure who all will end up reading my thoughts, but I'm doing this primarily for my lovely family and then for any friends who are interested in what I'm up to.

Ron and I have been in Texas for just under a month now. The first week in this little house was a bit scary. Out of daft ignorance or complete denial, I wasn't expecting to have to encounter large insects (in an old house with holes in it that has been filthily--is that a word?--abandoned for two months...in Texas). They say everything is bigger in Texas. They weren't kidding. 

The insects are definitely bigger. As are the mice. I can testify to this since just this morning I saw a large one run across the love seat. (Sorry Sarah). I don't care anymore what the Orkin man told me, we are setting real traps next to his sticky boxes. The reason we still have mice is because they aren't attracted to his sticky boxes, and if they don't happen upon them, they just get fatter. But my brave husband will get them, I just know it. 

I am going to post a few photos to show you a bit of the house. I still have to develop some that are the "before" photos. It's an old house that needs TLC, and hasn't been taken care of for years. So keep that in mind when you see some of the "after" shots! 

Love you all. Jo

No comments: