Thursday, September 4, 2008

the little driver that could.

Well, it is Thursday. Even though this is a short week because we had Labor Day off, I am ready to welcome the weekend again. As much fun as I am having with my job, it has been extremely time consuming this week, as I am trying to obtain my CDL (commercial driver's license). I have one more test to pass, which I have now failed twice. It is apparently "no big deal" to fail one of the tests, even my boss did. But you then have to go back, day after day... I'm embarrassed, because I missed studying one of the sections, which is why I failed that test. However, you think I would have noticed that after the FIRST time I failed! There's a lot of repeat questions throughout the study guide, but still... Anyway, this will be my third day at the license office, but hopefully I will pass the last test and move on to the road skills test! I expect to pass that right away. Driving a bus is not as scary as I had cooked up in my mind that it would be. However, I am not very good at backing it up for a long period of time, or parallel parking it. Who is? I mean, seriously?

Other than the aggravation and time pressure for me to get this license, I think I may even end up enjoying driving a bus. I never thought I'd say that. But it's a little bit fun, being so high and commanding so much road. 

Must go study :) 

No comments: