Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Goodman progress...

Joie's "progress report" was fun, so I thought I'd follow suit. Here are some things that Ron and I have recently accomplished or done...

• Finished reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" together. It took a little while to read it together, but I really enjoyed it, so did Ron. It's already one of my favorite books, so it was fun to share it with him. Next on our list is "First Light", a Brock and Bodie Theone book. Again, I already read most of that series, and thought those books were particularly spiritually good for me. I'm looking forward to reading them again and sharing them with Ron.

• Put up one shelf out of three that need to be put up in the baby room. We got shelves from Lowes the other day but Ron needs a new screw gun and things go a lot slower by hand, pounding the nail, threading the screws...

• Progress: I have my cloth diapers here! Still need to wash them!

• I cleaned out the medicine cabinet/added baby medicine stuff :)

• The study is cleaned out and getting organized!

• And ooh! The freezer is sufficiently stocked. I think I will put a few more things in there, but I am really pleased with what we've got going.

• At my doctor's appointment today I learned that I'm still "ripening" :) I like to think of it like that, actually. Like I'm a banana, and I'm done being green, I am nice and yellow. Or I have just started to get a couple tiny brown spots, so I'm almost at the perfect time to eat :) Is that too odd? I like the visual, personally :)

Off to make dinner for Ron before he gets home early today. We are heading to the hospital tonight for a tour of the maternity wing, I guess it's better late than never! I figure the kid might get excited and get some ideas about making an appearance...? We can all dream a little dream!

3 comments:

jsmarslender said...

Suggestion about the cloth diapers. Buy little disposable ones for the first couple of weeks. The baby pees and poos CONSTANTLY and you don't want to be washing loads and forgetting to dry them or whatever when you're already wonky from no sleep. Disposables are your best friends for the first week or two; after that, cloth is great. : )

Joanna Goodman said...

good idea :) We have been given some disposables and I plan on making good use of them. I was going to try to use cloth right away, with disposable diaper liners that I am excited about, but I think your idea sounds freeing. We will have a lot to get used to, we may just end up doing just that. I also think the disposables will be really handy for trips and such...

Anonymous said...

It will happen!! We pray all goes well and probably this time next week you'll be holding your little guy and thinking, please go to sleep so I can too. Ha Ha Love Gramma