Wednesday, June 16, 2010

looking forward to..

my little bean is sleeping in his swing right now, compliments of Daddy, who brought home new batteries last night. James LOVES that swing, and likes to spend a little time in it every day if he can. We were having dinner with friends the other day and talking about how much James does really love his swing... And I said I don't know what we'll do when he gets too big for it! And Ron says that we'll just build a bigger swing :)

I have a few things to get done and wrap up here before my two and half weeks in Wisconsin... Ah, Wisconsin in July sounds so refreshing! I hope that it's very mild temperatures (80s? 70s would be better...) so that I really get to enjoy it! Of course what I'll enjoy most is seeing family. Here's a few things I'm looking forward to:

• making fondant with the kids and then making all kinds of fondant sculptures
• seeing the look on Grandma and Grandpa Goodman's faces when they see James for the first time...
• Riding home from the airport with dad :)
• finger painting with the kids
• playing games galore with the kids!
• helping Ruth make candles :)
• planning Ron's birthday party
• seeing Nate and Joie and Will and Annie... yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• going to Jason and Dana's wedding, seeing old friends :)
• enjoying vacation time with Ron
• showing James off, watching him learn new things and see new things...

Something I think I'll have a hard time with at times... sharing James! I'll try to be good about it, but I may at times be one of those annoyingly overprotective parents. Didn't think I would... Being around family will be the best, though. Can't wait! So I must go get some things done here that need doing :)

2 comments:

Nate said...

we're looking forward to seeing you, jo! just a few more hours and we hop on our taxi to go to delhi and fly to america. love you!

Anonymous said...

and I'll try not to be an overprotective Grandpa.
James