Monday, August 2, 2010

at the zoo!

Ruth knows how to keep James happy as we head in to zoo!

Every kid got their picture next to one of the cool painted animals that were throughout the zoo. James and I picked the Rhino. It was our first full day in Wisconsin when James I went to the zoo with Mom and the kids. We relished spending 5 hours outside! In Texas, I have been keeping James in most of the time because of the excessive heat. We are looking forward to the fall, when we will go the park a lot and take many many walks!!

I took this picture because there were kids there with their dad, armed with sketch books. I knew I was in Madison, in the "big city", which embraced higher culture, when I saw that! Yes, I think of sketching in the park or the zoo as "high culture" :)

I know at the zoo people usually take pictures of animals. I thought I'd take more of my favorite kids :)


what a young lady you're becoming MG! sweet smile here :)

Love you, Dave!!

Looking at the water lilies...

Looking suspiciously at the water lilies...

Sweet Ellie!

Ellie and James

James is sleepy after a big day at the zoo!

sleepy eyes after just waking up...

getting ready for the picture...



can we go yet?

One more good shot!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Yay!! You're posting about your trip home. I am all over it. :) Cute siblings!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics!
Love ya!
Mary Grace
(a.k.a baby whisperer)