Wednesday, August 25, 2010

moving...

Just across town.

But we are excited about the whole thing. We have loved our little house in the country, but it is time to leave it. Even more thrilling than the prospect of living in a duplex with central air and heat, we are excited about our new management there. A nice woman who also likes to keep things legal. I think we'll get along :) It will be like a breath of fresh air in that respect.

There are perks. The central heat and air, I already mentioned, but it should be mentioned again. In Texas, central air is... amazing. lovely. desirable. Also, we will be in a stroller-friendly neighborhood, which means we can take our after dinner walks again when the weather cools down. That's right. A lot of you that might be reading my blog thinks summer ends about the time August winds down. haha. We're gearing up for more 100+ degree weather here through September. I actually said the other day "wow, it's so much nicer than it has been!!" It was probably... 97 out. plus heat index. however that works.

Other perks, we will be closer to shopping, closer to some friends, a park nearby, a stone's throw from a post office. Yes, I consider that a perk. Also, we get a real garbage can now and we can recycle again! And actual deadbolts, and a fireplace. It's all the little things :) We will be in the same neighborhood as one of Ron's work buddies, too, so they will be able to carpool sometimes.

I will post pictures later. Probably later than you would like, because i am slow like that :( I just finished organizing all the photos from Wisconsin, and will be posting some more of them sometime, too!

Right now my days are consumed with packing, caring for James, designing something that needs to go out this week, and thinking about getting back to my treadmill. I will, I will! In fact, I already committed to run a half marathon this January, so I better get in gear. I will make myself. I must.

Ron has changed work schedules which is actually very advantageous for us. He works longer days Mon-Thur, then has a three day weekend. I don't even notice much of a difference, since he was such a good worker before, anyway :) He just leaves a little earlier and gets home about the same time, plus we get a whole other day off! fine by me! Then his schedule will switch to having Mon-Wed off, and I know it will be hard for Ron to miss church :( when the switch occurs we get either 6 days off or he works 8 straight days. His 6 days off is when we move, which is insanely wonderful, and as they keep coming around will feel like a mini vacation! We actually just had his first three day weekend last weekend, which already felt like a mini vacation! Just imagine how much fun we could have when we're done moving!

I have to go, poor James is bored under his jungle for the time being :)

1 comment:

Joie said...

Hey there! We were wondering why you've been so quiet so far far away. :) Glad you can move to a nicer place to live. Hope it goes smoothly and that you can enjoy making it home. We miss you!