Monday, August 16, 2010

chicago

upon finally finding our way out of the parking garage, we find ourselves listening to the Saturday morning exercise group. People would randomly stop and join in, sometimes following the easy going directions, other times just dancing or swaying to the beat. As I sat on a nearby bench and nursed James it made me miss the small town city life of Milwaukee, and wish that someday I might be able to experience big town Chicago city life for a time. People from all walks of life converging on sunny pathways in the heart of the city just for the enjoyment of it. The lawn filled with happy dancing people. No one gawking at me nursing or even taking notice when I had to change my shirt (no worries, I had an undershirt on!)... It was a perfect sunny day, we were enjoying northern weather and Ron's birthday. I could have stayed for hours and hours, but we only had a little over one hour or so because we had to go get ready for a wedding. Someday I would like to vacation to Chicago and just be able to visit and sit and see the sights.

the nearby stage, pretty neat.

Part of the exhibit that was being displayed on the grounds. I liked the "made in China" touch.

people watching, very fun!

this little girl was adorable!

clearly we were not the only tourists. These people are hardcore. Fanny pack, visor, the whole package! the image of the guy on that wall you see in the background kept changing and every so often he would smile and then purse his lips together to squirt water at the crowd, which streamed out of the side of the wall... It was fun to watch!

my boys.





a bit to the right, there were some people up there taking engagement photos! fun!

that's my engineer :) 26 years old that very day!


haha! tried to take a family photo here :)

No comments: