Monday, February 15, 2010

monday happenings

while I was sleeping last night, Ron said the kid was doing a jig or something and kicking his back. Ron was nudging back, and they had a good playtime, which I woke up for after a few minutes. Sometimes Ron will try to scare or growl at the baby, so I wonder what he'll think when he comes out (what the baby will think ;). Oh, I know they'll have wonderful moments together :)

Indeed, the kid is really kicking a lot now, and I still love it! We're getting bigger, and I know now that for the next two months I will have to endure gushings of how I look like I'm going to have the kid any day now!! I mean, I don't mind that I'm big and pregnant. It's just that since I am all belly and carrying him in a really large looking way :) i am then forced to hear extra long how "it must be any day now!" No... it's not really any day now... then I'm reminded that I would love to meet my kid, and I still have to wait two months, which I tell them as their jaws drop to the floor. I will go ahead soon and post belly pictures, we haven't taken any in a little while :) So I'm enjoying being pregnant still, which means a lot. I am just a little impatient to meet our little kid, and I don't like taking 5 minutes to roll over in bed. Other than that, I feel great, I just think it's amazing what a conversation piece people think I am. I think every pregnant woman must experience this. Strangers are drawn to you, everyone thinks they should tell you their advice or their birth story or about their own kid. why is this?

In other news, the plumbers came today and (four hours later) had our water heater leak fixed. Our bathroom floor has been leaking up some water for... well, since we moved here. Hopefully it's really fixed now, and I just don't know what I'll do with a dry bathroom floor!!

We're going out tonight to say goodbye to one of Ron's work friends (and mine, too) that will be leaving for a different job soon. I will miss him, as he is one of the only Kiewit people I really connected to. Ron knows a lot of people at his work, of course, but David and Nate are two guys that we actually did things with. Now it'll just be... Nate. I'm so used to saying David and Nate! On movie night, David was also the one to stick up for the classics. Ah, he will be missed :) and now I will be outvoted :)

No comments: