Thursday, February 11, 2010

thursday

a little bummed this morning because I just found out Ron has to work again on Saturday. They rained out at the site today and have to make it up then. That doesn't mean that Ron gets to come home today. No, the craft get to go on home because they're hourly. I will not whine a lot about that whole business because we are blessed that Ron has a good job that he enjoys. Just let me whine a little bit... It's really only the second Saturday he's had to work in a row in a long time. I am home now during the days so I look forward to when he'll be home, too. Then... boom. The company snatches him up and there goes a lazy morning sleeping in, reading together at Barnes and Noble, browsing the freezer market and picking varnish together for our baby dresser. No coming home and fixing lunch together and watching an episode or two of the Office before we get some chores done. It's so nice to hear someone else puttering with chores while I am. It's hard for me sometimes to just be alone. Especially when he's supposed to be home!

Yesterday I ran some errands and picked up my first baby outfit. Not the first one we own, but the first one I actually bought. I had been waiting, holding off. If you start too soon, it's like getting all the Christmas shopping done in October when it's really more fun to shop those first couple weekends in December. Also, the closer we get to delivery, the more I'll know what I still need. I have now scheduled all of my doctor visits out down to the last week (I hope) that I'll be pregnant. Makes it more eminent. immanent. I don't know, they're giving me a couple different spellings here.

The little outfit I got is a little onesie with a monkey on it. A really cute monkey.

5 comments:

jsmarslender said...

I bought a little outfit for our little one a week or two after finding out I was pregnant. It's a white linen onsie with a little hat, perfect for the heat of September. And it says "happy" in pale stitching, with a little bird. I just couldn't not! Have fun nesting. Perhaps Ron can take a day or two off for a long weekend sometime soon, so you can have a little couple time before the baby arrives.

Joie said...

Maybe your sister-in-law should call you and bother you again this Saturday! :) I sure enjoyed talking with you last weekend.
Also, I think I'll start referring to your baby as 'The Cute Little Monkey' -bet he'll be all that and more! :) Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

if i could i'd come over for a cuppa and a fresh cinnamon roll! miss you, sweetie. and i'm with joie, "cute little monkey" will no doubt be a good fit! will love meeting him!

Nate said...

hyhhhh hhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cvvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

-and that's from the little cousin Annie monkey.

I hope you and Ron get enough time together. I think that browsing the freezer section sounds fantastic and so does Barnes and Noble.

Joanna Goodman said...

we had a great weekend, despite Ron having to work! I love all your comments, thanks for writing, it makes me feel special :)

Was so fun to talk with you the other weekend, Joie, and I miss you all!

Sarah, can't wait to meet little Marslender sometime this winter :)