Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 more weeks...

Ok, just thought I'd update. I think the days are going by a bit slower now because we are getting so close. I feel a little like Gracie or Doug when Christmas rolls around and I just can't contain myself or wait very well anymore!

Today I am working on the church monthly newsletter (it has been a blessing to get back into design and actually be producing work while helping out at church at the same time). I am also feeling the urgency of getting other things around the house accomplished. 3 weeks sounded like forever, 2 weeks hits me that my life is really about ready to change. And I better be prepared! I still have to get the car seat installed, which is probably the biggest thing. Ron and I will be shopping on Sunday for baby things that we imminently need and may not have received at our shower (Saturday!). Ron's finishing up the dresser this week, and I'm organizing/cleaning what will be the baby room. I know, it seems like I'm way behind there, but he'll be staying with us for a while, anyway. I'm feeling the urge to purge today, so now would be a good time to throw/give away a lot of stuff we don't need. But the newsletter will probably demand most of my attention today.

Let's see, in general lately we've been doing a lot of stuff with friends, which has been really nice. We've had some late game nights and tried out this Mexican/Tex-Mex restaurant last Sunday with some friends. It was the best Tex-Mex I've ever had! So Ron and I are going to go there on a date Friday. We had our first experience with sopapillas, which were excellent. One of our friends couldn't believe we'd never eaten them before, then assured us later that these were the best he'd eaten so we started in the right place :)

Already looking forward to when Mom gets to come for a visit on the 29th. I'm hoping to be out and about by then anyway, I will take her to such marvelous places as... the Dr. Pepper Museum! Our zoo here is really nice, too.

Love to all. Must go accomplish.

No comments: